Joined: 06 Jun 2005
Location: DeForest, WI
|Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:24 pm Post subject: Moderators wanted!!!
|The management of this site is looking for moderators for the forums!
To apply to be a moderator you must have the following qualifications and be able to perform the following tasks:
1) Be fairly familiar with the subject matter of the forum you are applying for.
2) Be willing to assist those that post in your forum. This would include, but is not limited to: answering questions in a timely manner; bringing issues and suggestions that are posted in your forum to the site administrator; and being helpful in general.
3) Be able to visit the forums on a regular basis to check on your forum.
4) Be a spokesman and recruiter to get users to visit and benefit from your forum.
5) Be able to monitor and administer your forum (e.g. delete/move innappropriate posts, lock threads, etc...) in a manner that will keep the forum focused on its stated topic.
6) Be able to communicate and work with other moderators. You may not be the only moderator for your forum! There could be multiple moderators for each forum.
7) Be able to do all of the above without becoming rude, overbearing, authoritarian, or otherwise obnoxious with the users and/or management of your forum.
If you feel confident that you can do the above, and if you feel that you can add value to this genealogy project, please send me an application (an email will do - just click the "email" button below). You may apply to be a moderator for more than one forum, but not more than three.
In your email application please tell me:
1) Which forum(s) you would like to moderate.
2) A little bit about your knowledge in the area the forum covers.
3) Why you would like to moderate that particular forum.